[MPlayer-users] audio stutter with DTS in matroska?

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 01:22:47 CET 2007

2007/11/28, Kevin Korb <kmk at sanitarium.net>:
> Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I've got a few matroska files I've downloaded with DTS audio tracks,
> > when play them with -ac hwdts it works but the audio stutters quite
> > badly.
> >
> > I did a quick google search and nothing came up, is there a way to
> > troubleshoot this? I've got an ALC655 audio chipset and have tried it
> > with two different receivers.
> >
> > thanks!
> >

> Did you ever find a solution to this?
> I am having the same problem and it appears that Matroska isn't the cause.  I
> have a DVD with DTS audio that I ripped to a Matroska file but both it and the
> original DVD have this stuttering problem.  I even ripped out just the raw DTS
> track and the problem was still there.  I have other files with DTS tracks that
> work and others that stutter as well.
>
> I am using a Turtle Beach Riviera (CM8738) sound card connected to a Yamaha
> RX-V661 receiver via fiber.  System is a dual core AMD running Gentoo Linux and
> MPlayer SVN-r24130 from portage.
>
> Not sure if I could provide a sample since the DVD is of course copyrighted.

You should read the all posts of the thead before post question:)

I found a recent reported problem of dts has an odd fsize, on ppc
platform, it will work without problem, on i386 platform, that last
byte has chance be wrong swapped in old mplayer.
But the newest svn mplayer will be ok on this problem I test it on my
intel machine with odd fsize dts samples.
So please update to use newest svn mplayer it will be ok.

--
Ulion