[MPlayer-users] playing HD media {was: how to compile MPLAYER RC2}

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:39:18 CET 2007

Nice Contact pisze:

> I noted in the HQ website, it says cannot play back HD or Blue-Ray discs,
> however, can play EVO files after they have been decrypted.  Does that
> mean in some way they could be played, but not easily? :-)  Thank you HG
> for tips. :-)

Each media have it's own different structure.
For DVD reading MPlayer have included DVDREAD library (One could install
it at own system externaly as well). But DVD's are encrypted as well so
MPlayer has included DVDCSS for decryption (it's available as external
library as well).

For Blu-ray reading - there's no library to read and no library to
decipher. One could copy M2TS file from disc to hdd by hand.
But then, these files are encrypted and there's no decyption library
available. So One must posses decryption key and use Windows tools to
decipher these M2TS file with possesed decryption key.
After that One could play Blu-ray M2TS files.

It's same story with HD-DVD and EVO files.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/