[MPlayer-users] Unknown parameter: --with-codecsdir=codecs

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 07:36:23 CET 2007

Nice Contact pisze:

> My first big attempt to compile MPLAYER RC2 took several hours, and
> learned allot I think.... but right at the end I am faced with this error
> message (well two of them), but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

> I am compiling under MINGW32 in Windows XP.

> ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --with-codecsdir=codecs
> --enable-static --with-livelibdir=/home/Owner/live

> I get this single line error:

> Unknown parameter: --with-codecsdir=codecs

> What could this be?

At the side: don't use "--enable-runtime-cpudetection" since after that
MPlayer is slower ewen that i386 version.

As for the problem - do you have codecs directory inside MPlayer source
directory? Bycause that's what you passed to "./configure".

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/