[MPlayer-users] How to include the external library x264 into MPlayer/FFmpeg?

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:33:57 CET 2007

boku pisze:

>>>     I wanna include the external library x264 codec into
>>> MPlayer/FFmpeg. What can I do to complete such codec adding? Is there
>>> any document about including such external library?
>>> Thank you very much!
>> Hmm... for what? x264 is included externaly, booth to mplayer and ffmpeg
>> routine ("-vc x264" and "-vc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=libx264").

> Hi,
>     But isn't MPlayer only having the interface code for the external
> x264 library? Cause I search all the content in MPlayer and only found
> two related files. Does it mean I need to compile the x264 externally
> and then copy the libx264.a into somewhere of MPlayer?
> Thank you!

You must have x264 installed in your system (be it from package or by
compiling themselves).
Then you do "./configure" and after that check your "configure.log" for
x264 inclusion (section "============ Checking for x264 ============").

PS: you could also write configure stdout to file and check it a faster
way: "./configure --disable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-gui
--enable-menu --enable-largefiles 2>&1 | tee configure.stdout" then
browse "configure.stdout" and search against "Checking for x264 ... yes
(in libavcodec: yes)"

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/