[MPlayer-users] rootwin gives me no video output in kde 3.5.7

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 2 20:02:36 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 04:57:55PM +0200, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
> Leonardo De Luca pisze:
>
> > This is the output of mplayer -rootwin anyfile.avi
>
> > MPlayer 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu11 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
>
> [cut, cut, cut my fingers... ups]
>
> > Am I doing something wrong here?
>
> Yes.
>
> First of: you are useing prehistoric version of MPlayer, so old that
> oldest mayan people don't remember it too well;

Well, I think even their memory lasted a year. But nevertheless it
should be emphasized that libavcodec (which is used by MPlayer and only
a part of all code it uses) in good months has more than 400 commits.
Seen that way, rc1 is several thousand versions out of date.

> Second of: you are useing thrid party compilation so no one can tell you
> how much it's scruded up.
>
> Solution: compile themselves latest SVN version (see MPlayer webpage)

And try use -nocolorkey just in case