[MPlayer-users] How to get gmplayer to display song title?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Oct 3 05:52:43 CEST 2007

When I play an audio stream, gmplyer display's the URL of the
stream.  That's a rather pointless thing to display since 1)
it's just some unintelligble URL, 2) I already know what stream
I'm listening to.

Displaying the song title would be a lot more useful.  I know
that mplayer knows the song title, because the console player
displays it.

How do I get gmplayer to display the song title instead of the
stream URL?

This issue has come up before, so I'm not the only one who
finds the stream URL display useless:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/34545

How hard would it be to fix this?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  When you get your
                                  at               PH.D. will you get able to