[MPlayer-users] dumpstream ignores subtitles ?

Abylai Ospan aospan at netup.ru
Sun Oct 7 08:28:03 CEST 2007

Thanks for all who help me. It's work. I'm used following command:

mencoder -font ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf -o revolution_os_russiansub.mpg
-of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -oac copy
-sub ./RevolutionOS.rus.cp1251.srt -subfont-autoscale
1 ./Revolution_OS.avi

please, note that mencoder doesn't use subfont.ttf by default and it
need to pass -font command line option.
Thanks !

В Сбт, 06/10/2007 в 20:19 +0200, info at danielerossi.net пишет:

> Abylai Ospan wrote:
> > Sorry, I've made stupid mistake :)
> > I want to combine (not split) video and subtitles. I'v already have
> > subtitles as text (Revolution_OS.srt) ...
> > Is it possible ?
> > Thanks !
> >

> under windows i would use virtualdub to merge video file and srt..
>
> otherwise try:
>
> mencoder dvd://yourtitle -slang yourcountrycode -sid yoursubtitlenumber -ovc lavc -of mpeg (-mpegopts ... ) -oac copy -o yourfile.mpg//
>
> //possibly directly from dvd source.
> to know witch number for title, subtitle and language match your case play the dvd (mplayer dvd://) and read the message in the console!
>
> otherwise you could dump the title you want, like f.i.:
> mplayer dvd://2 -sid 0 -dumpstream
> and then
> mencoder -of mpeg -oac copy -o yourfile.mpg stream.dump
>
> daniele

Abylai Ospan <aospan at netup.ru>
NetUP Inc.