[MPlayer-users] No sound

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 23:42:16 CEST 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 12:22:13 +0200
Francois Visagie <fvisagie at za.spescom.com> wrote:

> > On this mailing list, only svn version is supported.
>
> Hello,
>
> Is that so? This is the first time I've seen a reference to anything
> like that.

If you had read the bugreporting guidelines in the DOCS, you'd have seen
it before now.

> but if this supposedly is the *MPlayer users* mailing list, I don't
> think it's reasonable to expect from *users* to set up their own
> development environment and then to download and compile the latest
> MPlayer SVN before they're allowed to report any problems.

You're certainly welcome to your own opinion, but it's been gone over
many times before.

MPlayer development is short-handed to begin with.  And compiling
software from source is quite easy on open source *nix systems.