[MPlayer-users] configuring default mplayer XV attributes?

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Mon Oct 8 06:40:05 CEST 2007

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 20:27:28 -0700
RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> -vf eq2

Invoking an option like -vf eq2=1.0:0.7:0.5 does prevent mplayer
from altering XV_BRIGHTNESS, but it will do so if that option
is ever missed. eq2 cannot be issued when outputting to other
devices (e.g., jpeg). So it is easy for a user to forget. I do
not know if/how to add it to mplayer.conf so that it only gets
invoked when xv is in use.

AFAIK, eq2 uses a software filter which does take CPU cycles,
although not too much it would seem.

XV_AUTOPAINT_COLORKEY is reset regardless.

It would seem that the answer to my question is that mplayer
has no means (other than changes to the source code) to alter
the default XV attribute values it uses nor is there a means
to tell it to leave all XV values as-is or at least restore
all of them on exit as they were found on startup.

  Mike