[MPlayer-users] One instance of mplayer, no more

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:16:31 CEST 2007

I just introduced the stepmother to Linux, and she is rather enjoying
Fedora. However, she cannot program herself to close any open instance
of mplayer before clicking on another file. I'm no good at bash, and I
need this working for her _today_, so I'm kindly asking if anyone has
a wrapper script for mplayer that checks if there is a running
instance, and if so closes it before opening a new instance.
Basically, she needs the appearance that the new file is 'replacing'
the old file in the open program. Sorry for the bother, and thanks in
advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il