[MPlayer-users] One instance of mplayer, no more

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:32:59 CEST 2007

On 15/10/2007, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 09:23:10PM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> [...]
> > how about
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > killall -INT mplayer
> > mplayer $@
> >
> > as ~/bin/mplayer?
> >
> > as for the $@ i think it's the correct one, but I'm not completely sure...
>
> Yes, but you should always use it in "", so
> mplayer "$@"
> otherwise you'll get problems if one of the arguments contains e.g. spaces.
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

Thanks, Alexander and Reimar. I suppose that calling mplayer would
loop back to itself, so I'll call /usr/bin/mplayer like this:

#!/bin/sh
killall -INT mplayer
/usr/bin/mplayer "$@"

I'll test that out and see how far I get. Thanks a million, for the
advice, code, and patience with us noobs.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il