[MPlayer-users] bug taking screenshots with WMV/ASF Files

base64 basehat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:38:02 CEST 2007

I am taking screenshots at various intervals from large wmv movie files, and
have problems with the seek time being inaccurate.

I am using the following command:

mplayer.exe -nosound -vf scale=96:72 -vo png:z=9 -frames 2 -ss 00:30:00
movie.wmv

I would expect this to give me a screenshot at exactly 30minutes, but the
screenshot is instead taken at about ~00:30:20.   I have tried various
options such as '-noframedrop' but this does not seem to help.

This does not occur when taking screenshots from other formats such as xvid.

Here is the file details:

ASF file format detected.
VIDEO:  [WMV3]  320x240  24bpp  29.970 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)

--

Best Regards,
Adrian Castro