[MPlayer-users] Small green border with MPlayer 1.0rc2

Andreas Stein whocarez at web.de
Sat Oct 20 23:10:59 CEST 2007

Hello,

wanted to change to the new MPlayer 1.0rc2, but I've got a problem while
playing videos.
Everytime I start a video, there is a small green border on the right
side in window mode and also in full screen mode. First I thought it is
connected with the on the homepage annotated change to "square pixels",
but the use of the option "-monitoraspect 4:3" brought no improvement.
I played a little with the aspect parameters, but couldn't find the
right parameter. Btw. I use a LCD monitor with an aspect of 5:4 (LG
L1960TR) on DVI connector.
My system is a PIII 1GhZ, Radeon 9200 PRO (RV280), Debian Etch 4.0,
Kernel 2.20.15 with dri and radeonfb, XOrg 7.1.1 uses xv and glx, tried
fglrx (8.28.8) and the free radeon driver, mplayer is self compiled
with no special parameters
(./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc) and uses the
radeon-xvidix output.
With the "old" Mplayer 1.0rc1 everything is ok, without and with the
parameter "-monitoraspect 5:4".
It would help, if I could make the background "black" and not "green",
as it is only a small green edge and disturbing me because of it's
colour.

Thanks for any solution ....
Andreas