[MPlayer-users] RE : bug taking screenshots with WMV/ASF Files

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:44:57 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nelson COELHO pisze:
>
> > Can anyone suggest an alternative to mplayer that may be able to take
> > screenshots at exactly a certain time?  (vlc is much slower than mplayer,
> > taking hours on long movies for 1 screenshot)
>
> AviSynth

Do you mean to set up and walk away?  Mplayer works fine for me
interactively.  Easier to know when the picture is exactly right too.
See something I like, jump back, pause it and single frame through
until it's just right, then take the screenshot.  I wouldn't know how
to know ahead of time exactly when I was going to want the screenshot
anyway.
--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.