[MPlayer-users] audio LAVC,couldn't find encoder for codec MP3

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Sun Oct 28 04:31:36 CET 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:17:28AM +0200, Alain Barthélemy wrote:
> Le samedi 27 octobre 2007, 21:07:07 ou environ Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> a écrit:
> > Alain Barthélemy pisze:
> >
> > > In the man page (of MPlayer, I suppose), I read:
> >
> > > acodec=mp2
> > > acodec=mp3
> > > acodec=ac3
> > > acodec=adpos_ima_wav
> > > acodec=soniccodec
> >
> > > No libmp3lame

You are reading an old version of the man page, not the one of the
that came with the last version of MPlayer you are using (r24859).

The reason may be that before the man page was installed in
/usr/local/man/man1
and now it is installed in
/usr/local/share/man/man1

May be an old one is still in /usr/local/man/man1 and it is showed
before the one in /usr/local/share/man/man1

> > > mp2, ac3, even pcm work. I tried mp3lame, lame, without success.
> >
> > > Apparently, there is no link with the mp3/lame libraries. How to solve
> > > that (parameter with .configure?).
> >
> > > The libmp3lame libraries are present in /usr/lib
> >
> > Bycause "libmp3lame" is a sole option to "-oac" not a suboption to "-oac
> > lavc" so it should be used as "-oac libmp3lame -lameopts abr:br=224".

Wrong, libmp3lame IS a valid lavcopts option (at least
since 1.0rc2 is out, I don't remember when it was changed in libavcodec)
also the correct way to use lame with -oac is -oac mp3lame.

> "suboption libmp3lame does not exist" - lib is a library, is not it?

Are you really using a recent version of mplayer? (r24859)
Does configure find lame? (Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder) ... yes)

> Thus -oac lavc has been suppressed. -oac mp3lame too.

No.

> I finally found -oac twolame -twolameopts br=224 and it works (I hope!).

If you want to encode to mp2 yes, if you want to encode to mp3 no.

Giacomo