[MPlayer-users] MPlayer seems to grab the scaler and not let go

john q public public at pitchblende.org
Sun Oct 28 14:01:30 CET 2007

Ive noticed that older versions of MPlayer have no problem coexisting
with xawtv
but that the last few incarnations don't play well with others. Now if I
use mplayer to view
a video I can not use xawtv afterwards until I restart X window.  Xine
does not share this
issue and so sometimes Ill just use it but Id rather use mplayer. Does
anyone else have
problems with mplayer grabbing resources without resetting them? Is
there some way
I can fix this? I'm willing to have a look at the code but have no idea
where to start.