[MPlayer-users] warning: first frame is no keyframe.. Please help

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Oct 28 18:16:51 CET 2007

Hi!

Ratin <ratin3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> And like I said, the playback is fine after I cause motion infront of the
> camera, suggesting that the motion vector
> calculation algorithms probably somehow initializes the decoder/player
> properly. If you or anybody here can point
> me to right direction, that would be great.

1)
Top-posting is considered very rude on this list: Before posting again, be sure
that you know what top-posting is and how to avoid it.
2)
When you answer a mail, you are expected to quote the mail you received
beginning every line with ">".
3)
I believe that your mailer breaks threads. Although I don't care so much about
threading, most people on this list do.
4)
I believe the problem might be after line 135 in libmpdemux/demux_rtp_codec.cpp.
If you want me to look at it, it will be necessary to send me a rtsp link to
your camera so I can test it. It might take a few days until I react.
Alternatively, if you fix the problem yourself, please send the resulting patch
to mplayer-devel, I'd be happy to apply.

To fix 1)-3) easily, I recommend using gmane:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user

Carl Eugen