[MPlayer-users] Problem with sound volume in mplayer + alsa usb-audio

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at mallorn.ii.uj.edu.pl
Sun Oct 28 22:21:59 CET 2007

Hi,

hardware volume control is a bit inconvenient. Video playback halts for half
second, and I don't have precise control of laudness level. I can't make it
quiet enough. I've tried -volstep 1 too..
Anything can be done, or should I just use softvol?

I'm using mplayer 1.0rc2 with alsa 1.0.15. My sound card is a built-in cm6501
chipset handled by snd_usb_audio driver.

I can hear voices even if I set volume level to 0% in alsamixer, so maybe this
is alsa's fault.

--
Piotrek
irc: #debian.pl