[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and mmsh:// protocol

restou genos restougenos at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 29 18:12:27 CET 2007

Hello
I see more and more websites using the protocol mmsh:// ... Unfortunately, Mplayer can't play it (Xine or VLC can do that).

But if i delete the "h", it's OK !

For example :
mplayer mmsh://media3.pqm.net/branchezvous/bv1/politique/pq/daniel_turp20aout2007.wmv
it doesn't work

but
mplayer mms://media3.pqm.net/branchezvous/bv1/politique/pq/daniel_turp20aout2007.wmv
works fine !

Thus, mplayerplug-in is unusable on these websites, and if I want to run a playlist, I have to edit it before.

Is that the problem could be fix in a future release ?
Is there soon a patch ?

Thanks