[MPlayer-users] What version should I use?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 03:33:29 CEST 2007

Jack Smith wrote:

> I seem to remember some discussion on this list about using a
> particular up-to-date version of mplayer but I don't remember what it
> is.  So what should I go get and install?  If it matters, I'm
> running Fedora Core 7 with an AMD Athlon 64-bit processor.

You should install a Subversion client, check out the latest development
source, compile that and install the result.

This is strictly required for submitting bug reports, and is recommended
for the MPlayer project in any case. (Not all projects advise running
the latest development code, and in some cases it may even be a bad
idea, but this one certainly does.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.