[MPlayer-users] Generating film strips

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Sun Sep 2 00:15:30 CEST 2007

El Sábado, 1 de Septiembre de 2007 02:11, Šimon Tóth escribió:

> So, is there any way how I can make video preview using mplayer, or is
> there any chance that this feature will be added (should be a realy
> small peace of code).

I made a script for myself which maybe you can find useful:
http://www.escomposlinux.org/rvm/temp/videopreview.tar.gz

Requires php4 (it's written in php), ImageMagick and mplayer.

You use it this way:

videopreview.php video.avi -tile 3x3 -o output_image.jpg

There are some other options:
 -step specifies the number of seconds that it should skip at the beginning of
the video
 -w the width that the ouput image should have

--
Pepe