[MPlayer-users] mplayer mingw compile solved

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:16:51 CEST 2007

On 9/3/07, Alexander Bokovikov <openworld at uralweb.ru> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> I've downloaded the SVN-checkout-2007-09-03 and (after two miles of
> warnings) the make is finished and mplayer.exe and mencoder.exe are
> created.

Good.|:)|

Previos  SVN I downloaded, has missing file. Is it a normal situation (I'm
> about warnings large number)?
>

> Also I've noticed, that mencoder, built from SVN, has different parameters
> list than RC1 one. Are these changes reflected in the docs, available at
> the
> website? If yes, then I'll definitely need to redownload the docs!

check your man folders for mplayer.1 and mencoder.1 Should be present in
your compilation for the most recent documentation

If anybody knows the correct command line to convert some format into FLV,
> please let me know a sample, because the old format (which included
> "i_certify_blah-blah-blah...") is obsolete now. Are there other changes
> here?
>
> I can update the MINGW-HOWTO file, taking into account my recent
> experience,
> but I'd like to know, what version of packages should be used now, because
> the latest versions of some packages (like theora, nasm) are not built
> here.
> Can you, guys, let me know what exact versions of packages, mentioned in
> the
> HOWTO, are correct for mplayer building?

Just use the latest that compiles and builds with mingw. Some of the latest
won't compile.

Personally I used the next:

> libogg-1.1.3
> libvorbis-1.1.2
> libtheora-1.0-alpha4
> libiconv-1.11
> freetype-2.3.2
> zlib-1.2.3
> libpng-1.2.16
> jpegsrc-v6b
> libregif-4.1.7
> nasm-0.98.39

 That's about the latest that will work. 98.39

lame-3.97

That's what I use

xvidcore-1.1.2

x264-svn-2007-04-02

 I use the  latest : svn  672

live-2007-02-20

live 2007 05 24 works

Appreciate it if you'll let me know what packages versions are correct now.

There's no really set answer as to what is correct. But I suspect new mingw
compilers would prefer to have an up-to-date HOWTO that would list the
latest working packages and list some of the more common pitfalls: e.g.
which version of make to use if the newer version fails, keeping spaces out
of the user name.

Thanks a lot to all, who helped me to understand what is my problem's