[MPlayer-users] How can I set the cache size and min cache Cache size and min cache fill for mplayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Sep 4 11:57:33 CEST 2007

jerry zhao <zhj.zhao <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, I use live555 to stream audio and video. Mplayer is used to receive
> streamed auido and video.

Then please output your command line and MPlayers complete output.

> >*Sorry, you can't play the stream if your network connection is too slow.
> *>*(And there is no way to set the buffer if you are using live555)
> *
> The network is LAN. So the network connection is fast enough. But
> there exists jitter.

That surprises me: Does pausing playback for a moment help?

> So I want to use the cache in
> order to play back the video more smoothly.
>  I used the parameter "-cache xx -cache-min xx". But it does't work.

To quote myself: "there is no way to set the buffer if you are using live555"
Meaning: If MPlayer uses the live555 library to receive the stream, buffer size
cannot be set.

Allow me to add that it seems you tried none of the two suggestions I made
before.

Carl Eugen