[MPlayer-users] SVN compiling problem - resolved!

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Tue Sep 4 18:23:14 CEST 2007

John Brown wrote:

> You can generate your output in a more useful format with:
> make > make.txt 2>&1

Here is it:
http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/mplayer-logs.zip

Could you check it?

> Something has gone wrong there. If you really want to find out what, you
> can
> run 'bash -x make > make.txt 2>&1'.

I can't do it for some reason... I've got an error:

"mingw/bin/make: cannot execute binary file"

What it could mean?

> 1) Download and install (configure --enable-static --disable-shared
> --prefix=<your-usual-prefix>)
> libxml2-2.6.27
> libxslt-1.1.20

Have found them. That's OK. Though yet not installed them because of the
below:

> 2) Download docbook-xml-4.1.2.

The only reference I've found leads to some file "docbookx412.tgz". Is it
what I need? Also there is a link to some "docbook stylesheets". Should I
install it too? Could anybody give me the direct link to the correct
docbook's files?

> Listing only the versions that are more recent than yours:
> libvorbis-1.2.0
> libtheora-1.0-alpha7

I had a problem with theora alpha 7. A message appears, reporting an error
of some type redeclaration (don't remember now it exactly), which is
originally defined in libvorbis 1.1.2. Had you any issues with libvorbis
1.2.0 + libtheora alpha7?

Also, (as you can see in my log, pointed above), theora and live are
disabled for some reason. Why?

JonY wrote:

> Many of your libs are configured with --disable-shared. Have you
> considered using shared libs?

I don't need DLL's because I use MEncoder in another project. I use it not
only for myself.

> A bit OT, but how did you managed to get libregif? All I got was 404s,
> even going through TOR didn't help. Can you post it on a mirror?

It was done a couple of months ago... Nevertheless you can find it here:
http://home.bokovikov.com/mplayer/libs/

Thanks to all!

Best regards,
Alex