[MPlayer-users] DVB streaming buffering

Evan Stergiou evangelos.stergiou at fileas.com
Thu Sep 6 16:42:46 CEST 2007

Hello. I have a kinda difficult problem here
so I appreciate any input.

I am using a PC sat receiver with skystar2 and m-audio (pci audio card).
I play streaming satellite radio using mplayer and arts.
I need arts in order to easily mix audio files stored locally and satellite
 radio.

 All this works just fine. However, when the satellite reception is not good
over some period of time
and gets back to good, I always have a delay (buffering) of 5-10 seconds on
the streaming radio as compared to a Neta.

 My tests showed that mplayer is the culprit and not arts, since I have the
 problem even without arts.
I also modified the size of the buffer in the
 /MPlayer-1.0rc1/stream/stream_dvb.c
but the problem persists.

 Moreover, when I cut sat reception for a long period (say 5-10 minutes),
 mplayer hangs and the streaming audio
does not restores itself when I restart mplayer having reconnected the sat
 reception beforehand. In order for the streaming audio to work again I have
unload/reload b2c2 drivers and then mplayer.

 Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

 Evan Stergiou
FILEAS