[MPlayer-users] How to play .swf and other Flash files using fmpeg or Mplayer

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:28:21 CEST 2007

On 9/10/07, Sreenivas Chowdary <sreenivas.pachva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can ffmpeg play swf,flv and other flash formats?
> I need to play flash files in mplayer in linux.

swf is proprietary format that can only be played with adobe's flash
player plugin. There are converters that will take a swf and convert
it into a video format but it would be much larger.

flv's are video files that use an swf player online to play them.
mplayer or ffmpeg can play flv's.

mplayer or ffmpeg are unable to play swf's.