[MPlayer-users] Problem: Saving streaming quicktime file

Andrew Strong andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:49:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

 I am having unexpected trouble saving the following streaming
quicktime file:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/the_brave_one/the_brave_one-tlr1_480p.mov

 using the following version of mplayer:

andrew at ilium:~$ mplayer
MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.0.3 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (Family: 15, Model: 2,
Stepping: 9)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

with the all-20061022 codecs installed. I have tried several differemt
types of syntax as well as banging my head on the keyboard, but I
thought the following basic syntax should work at least:

mplayer -dumpstream filename.mov

I would be grateful for some advice on this one,

          Andrew

--
Andrew's Corner
http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/ubuntu_cli.html