[MPlayer-users] SVN make fails on Mac OS X, Undefined symbols: _FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder_FT_Request_Size

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:55:07 CEST 2007

2007/9/3, Sean Zimmermann <svz90 at pipeline.com>:
> I'm not sure if this is still relevant, but I found a way to compile SVN on Mac
> and fix the freetype problem.
>

> Running:
>
> ./configure --with-freetype-config=/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
>
> fixed the problem for me. I have apple X11 installed, so I used their freetype.
> This might be different for other people if their own version of freetype.
>

> I hope this helps,
> Sean

This works, but the freetype version is old enough so ass will not be supported.
X11 seems useless for OS 10.4.* users, so to compile a mplayer will
full features, I renamed the X11 directories and use --disable-x11
flags to configure. Also, I installed freetype with macports, and add
following flags for configure:
--with-freetype-config=/opt/local/bin/freetype-config
--with-extraincdir=/opt/local/include
--with-extralibdir=/opt/local/lib

--
Ulion