[MPlayer-users] Correct syntax pcm:fast pcm:file=filename?

Andrew Strong andrew.david.45 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:26:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

 I am downloading and saving a real audio stream using:

andrew at ilium:~$ mplayer
MPlayer dev-SVN-r24430-4.0.3 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
and codecs all-20061022

using the following syntax:

mplayer -playlist address.ram -ao pcm:file=filename.wav -vo null -vc
null

But mplayer when running this command advises also -ao pcm:fast to
increase speed of audio dump. Can I ask 2 questions:

1. Will this actually yield any _real_ increase when dumping a Real
Audio stream?

2. What is the syntax if I already have pcm:file=filename.wav? I have
experimented with this a little and failed.

Thanks for your trouble,

   Andrew

--
Andrew's Corner