[MPlayer-users] .TY+ parsing / junk data not skipped over

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:54:13 CEST 2007

On 9/13/07, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> That would be entirely useless.  No doubt we all believe you when you
> say it happens.

True, I just thought that if there was no way of properly splitting
the file, that a demonstration would help somewhat.  I do
troubleshooting work personally, and am somewhat of a nitpicker/detail
noticer; for me, actually seeing the result usually helps me
immensely.

> > or somehow send you the last bit of the file if you wanted (using
> > dd/skipping bytes)
>
> That would be the way to do it.

OK, I just was not entirely sure that the stream would still be
playable if i just chopped it at some random byte, as opposed to a
sequence split/GOP split/ whatnot.
I'll test this and then upload it to the public FTP.

Mike