[MPlayer-users] .TY+ parsing / junk data not skipped over

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:36:04 CEST 2007

On 9/13/07, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed this also, except it's still there after recoding into mpeg or
> h264.  Had no idea what it was.  In the midst of a movie, a few seconds of
> broken up video of some completely unrelated video is seen.

Indeed going through mencoder proper, as its based on the same
demuxing code that the player uses, will still bring odd blips.

I had to run my file through a program called 'tytompg' which is
available for no cost, but is closed source.  You can probably google
for it to find a download; they have precompiled versions for
win32/x86-64 as well as linux(something recent)/32bit and
osx(10.4+)/universal binary.  This utility will extract the mpeg2
video and corresponding audio stream and re-multiplex back into a
rather normal mpeg file with proper headers and whatnot.

It would seem the author of this tool is rather protective of his
rather good work, and couldn't care less about helping out the free
software community, so sadly heres nothing to even try and reimplement
from his code.  Its rather sad IMNSHO.

Mike