[MPlayer-users] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Re IYUV fourcc

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Fri Sep 14 11:43:11 CEST 2007

Francois Visagie wrote:

>Hi Carl,
>
>Although this is off-topic in my opinion, in my opinion I'm entitled to
>voice my opinion at least once (as is everyone else) and so I'll do.
>
>I don't think much can be done to prevent "breaking threads" unfortunately -

are you kidding??
you break threads when you reply to received messages
posting unrelated subjects.
When you want to write of something not related to a thread
simply create a new message, not a reply

>even manually correcting the subject doesn't work on any of the mailing
>lists I've tried it.
>
>In general however, in my view it's stuck-up and self-righteous in the
>extreme to behave so rigidly in defense of entirely unjustifiable norms.
>Sure it's nice to receive all your emails arranged and formatted the same
>way - it saves time amongst others. But when the mailing list carries only a
>few tens of messages daily? To fanatically expect everyone to manicure their
>messages to perfection and to vigilantly enforce that practice probably take
>more time, energy and aggravation than you save.

yes and do you know why? To keep the mailing list archive
tidy and readable few weeks/months/years from now(),
in order to permit searches by topic

>To drift further off-topic, this topic originated from my use of MPlayer to
>play high-quality full-motion Uncompressed (Raw) ASF screen captures made by
>Windows Media Encoder. The specific resolution I'm capturing them in (800 x
>600) is unplayable on my system by every single player (because they all use
>the Windows infrastructure which has a bug at that resolution) and the
>captures are only usable by VirtualDub-MPEG, which fortunately is where I
>need them to be used. However, I had no way of checking captures before
>processing them in VirtualDub, until I discovered that the only, THE ONLY,
>player capable of rendering those captures is my MPlayer! Congratulations to
>all on a job well done.

nice, so now stick to the rules of our mailing lists