[MPlayer-users] Movie plays on local laptop screen, but not on beamer

Lucas van Braam van Vloten lvvloten at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 14:24:55 CEST 2007

Hello,

I wish to use command-line mplayer on my laptop under Windows Vista
(sorry...:). I can play movies of different formats without any problem on
the laptop screen. However, when I connect a beamer to the VGA port I don't
see anything. The movie starts playing I hear the sound, but mplayer window
is just green. In full screen mode it shows just a blank screen.

If I use Windows Media Player everything works fine. But I don't want to use
Windows Media Player, with all its useless functions and poor performance -
and also it does not play all the formats that I want to use.

Any ideas what is happening?

Kind regards, Lucas