[MPlayer-users] searching basic features

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 12:50:33 CEST 2007

Christian Buhtz wrote:

> I miss something but maybe I just didn't found it.
>
> 1. resume play: If I close and restart the player it doesn't remember
> the playlist and trackposition and doesn't restart playing from
> there.

This would be because it starts with the file(s) and/or playlists which
you specify at start time. If you want it to have a particular playlist,
you need to specify that playlist file when you start the program.

As far as track position - I can imagine how that would be implemented
(if you mean "position in the track which was last being played"), but
I've never seen a player which did it. Neither of these is a "basic"
feature.

> 2. How can I minimize the player to the tray? How can I make it
> start-minimized (to tray!)?

That depends on which GUI you are using. It is entirely possible that
some - including, I would guess, the built-in GUI - do not have this
functionality at all.

MPlayer itself is designed as a command-line application, which runs
only while it is actually playing something and does not inherently have
an independent window; obviously, "minimize" is not an action which
makes sense for that type of program.

Also, MPlayer is designed with a Linux environment in mind, and there is
not necessarily a "system tray" in that environment - so there would not
necessarily be a tray to minimize to in any case.

> 3. Is it possible to configure global-hotkeys (play, prev, next,
> pause, mute, etc)?

Depends what you mean by "global". Keybindings for when MPlayer itself
has focus can be configured in the input.conf file, but where that would
need to be stored on a Windows system such as I infer you are using I do
not know.

Commands which would have an effect when MPlayer is not the "active"
program are another matter, and most likely would have to be set in your
window manager - which, if you are in Windows, you have no control over
and may not provide this functionality at all.

> Where can I find a developers project page to submit bug-reports and
> feauter requests?

There is no "page" for that. Bug reports go here on this mailing list,
following the guidelines of DOCS/tech/bugreports.html (and if you can't
find that, you are probably not competent to submit a usable bug
report); feature requests also go here, unless you plan to include a
source patch to add the feature along with your request.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.