[MPlayer-users] Low voice with 6 channel DTS and libdca

amadeo amadeo at beo.pl
Tue Sep 18 21:38:18 CEST 2007

Dnia Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:04:20 -0400, Giacomo Comes napisał(a):

[...]
> I can play the sample without problem. Both downmixing to two channels
> and decoding all the six channels and listen to each channel separately
> (I don't have a 6 channels setup).
>
> I don't know Swedish but if you listen in stereo any pay attention to
> the words it is easy to tell which channel you are listening. In the
> sample the order is L C R Ls Rs LFE.
[...]

You're right, this is indeed the order in which the channels are
presented in the sample.

I've already found out why one channel is played at such a low volume.
It's because the center is played back through the subwoofer.

To play DTS 5.1 sound correctly I have to remap the channels. Using the
following option it works as intended:

-af channels=6:6:0:4:1:0:2:1:3:2:4:3:5:5

I wonder if it's just me that needs this remapping or if it is a general
problem? If it is, maybe this remapping could be done automatically. It's
annoying to have to do it for yet another codec besides AAC.