[MPlayer-users] connection refused

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 23:41:31 CEST 2007

yyang at commscope.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> If, for an unlikely example, your RTSP server's root directory were
>> "/root/", then instead of "rtsp://server/root/share/hd.avi" the
>> correct URL would probably be "rtsp://server/share/hd.avi". Does
>> that make sense?
>
> It makes a lot sense. I tried
> [root at workstation ~]# mplayer rtsp://server/share/potty.mpg
> or
> [root at workstation ~]# mplayer rtsp://server/potty.mpg
>
> Both seemed made further. I saw "file format detected" message as
> shwon below.
>
> However, it seems there are quite Adecoder init failed while trying
> to streaming. What went wrong? For a comparison, I can play the same
> video file in a mounted nfs folder (the output is pasted below as
> well).

At this point, you are past my ability to help. Either there are major
bugs in the RTSP demuxer being used (not terribly likely), or there is
some problem with the server program such that it is e.g. not muxing the
file correctly. At this point, unless someone else pipes up with more
suggestions, I would advise that you first locate the server
configuration file (as explained in the other mail) and see what the
settings are, and then locate and read the server documentation to find
out what you need to set in order to stream that type of file.

If you need help with the RTSP server itself, I would advise you to find
a discussion forum (whether a mailing list or some other type) related
to the discussion of that server program, as I mentioned at the end of
the mail to which you just replied; at that point, you are entirely
beyond the bounds of what can be considered relevant to MPlayer.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.