[MPlayer-users] Only one instance of mPlayer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 02:06:22 CEST 2007

On 17/09/2007, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:55:54 +0200
> "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I configure mPlayer to play the file in the previously open
> > instance, replacing whatever is currently playing?
>
> Write a program/script to do so, controlling MPlayer via slave-mode.
>
> Or you might take a look at any of the MPlayer front-ends listed on the
> website, to see if any of them already has such a feature.

I'm having no luck getting this working, but I'm not much of a bash
scripter. Is gregping  "ps -ux" for mplayer not the right way to get
the PID?

Many programs, such as Firefox and Amarok, have a %U option that tells
the program to open the document in an existing window if there is
one. Has mPlayer not such an option?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il