[MPlayer-users] Mplayer osx compilation

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 12:53:46 CEST 2007

2007/9/22, Joan <aseques at gmail.com>:
> Hi, I've been trying to compile svn mplayerosx for mac for some days
> now, and must be doing something wrong.
> I'm on a macbook 10.4.10 and I can complie mplayer without many
> problems, everything works fine (even apple remote !!), but, ...
> If I follow the details on INSTALL.txt:
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/ main
> svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayerosx/trunk/ mplayerosx
> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3
> make mplayer
>
> I get -> make: Nothing to be done for `mplayer'.
>
> I changed the mplayer folder inside mplayerosx into a symlink to main
> (mplayer source) and compiled it separately.
>
> But when I do the make &&  make dist within the mplayerosx folder it
> builds a .dmg only with the gui, not able of playing anything.
>
> Si the Makefile really including anything, with my (limited)
> knowledge, couldn't find anything.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers

The compilation for mplayer osx is somekind of broken. When you do the
make in mplayerosx, you can build a MPlayer OSX in the build/Release
directory of mplayerosx, the program is working, just lack the command
line mplayer program in the correct directory.
You need manually copy the mplayer you built in your mplayer directory
to certain directory in mplayerosx.
That's External_Binaries/mplayer_intel.app/Contents/MacOS/ for your
macbook build.
I also copy mplayer to build/Release/MPlayer\
OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_intel.app/Contents/MacOS/
to avoid clean and rebuild MPlayer OSX

--
Ulion