[MPlayer-users] Just copy trailers?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 22:11:45 CEST 2007

Jack Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to just copy the trailer of a DVD?  I'm interested
> in the trailer and tune for Gokusen (not that that matters).

What do you mean by "trailer"?

I could guess that you might mean any one of:

The opening intro (commonly called the OP).

The closing credits (commonly called the ED).

The trailers which advertise other episodes or even other series
(commonly called "trailers").

...and possibly a few other things as well.

In most cases, all of these will be separate VOBs and separate titles on
the DVD; you will then just need to find the correct one and copy that
by whatever method you have chosen. (Since you're asking here, I presume
that you're planning to use MPlayer and/or MEncoder.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.