[MPlayer-users] Crash when dumping pcm with -ss (start position)

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Tue Sep 25 18:59:34 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:15:53PM +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> > I haven't got this gdb stuff figured out because the guide at
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_core
> > doesn't (yet) work for me.
>
> Please explain your problems with it and help us improve it then.

Hello Reimar,

thank you for taking interest. OK, I'm aiming at producing the mplayer.bug
file with all the relevant gdb output of the crash as described in the
mplayer docs.

So I create a command file holding these lines:

bt
disass $pc-32 $pc+32
info all-registers

Then I run:

gdb /usr/bin/mplayer --core=core -batch --command=command_file >
mplayer.bug

But all I get is this:

/home/sk/film/core: No such file or directory.
No stack.
/home/sk/film/command_file:2: Error in sourced command file:
No registers.

This happens with mplayer SVN compiled a minute ago and gdb 6.6 (stock
Gentoo x86 gdb). I still have the first gdb command running, but it
doesn't create a "core" file if thati's what the second gdb command is
looking for.

Regards
Sebastian