[MPlayer-users] ffmpeg: problem when converting photos to SWF

Denise techmum at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:05:34 CEST 2007

Am experimenting with use of ffmpeg to convert photos such as JPEGs to
SWF Flash files.

For example, I can use:

ffmpeg -i myphoto.jpg myphoto.swf

It will successfully convert say a 1.5MB JPEG file into a 156kb SWF
Flash file. However, if I display the SWF flash file in Firefox, it
only displays a white page unless I right click on the "white" image
and choose Settings. Then the SWF image displays correctly.

Of course, what I am interested in is the compression and quality
capabilities of the SWF Flash format, and not a movie, since I only
want to display a single frame.

Wondering what parameters I can set so that the SWF file displays
immediately when viewed in Firefox?

thanks
denise