[MPlayer-users] ffmpeg: problem when converting photos to SWF

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Wed Sep 26 12:45:05 CEST 2007

Denise wrote:

> Of course, what I am interested in is the compression and quality
> capabilities of the SWF Flash format, and not a movie, since I only
> want to display a single frame.

You're definitely in a wrong way if you're trying to do it using ffmpeg.
There are many flash tools which can create such simple SWF files like
yours. See for example www.flashdig.com Converting your JPEG into a video
(your SWF now contains a one-frame video stream) you lose a lot of its
quality (look at the file size!). There is also free SWF SDK, which lets
create a small software utilities, which can perform such simple operations
like JPEG=>SWF conversion.

Your "white screen" effect is a sort of bug either in ffmpeg or in the flash
plugin, which occures when the video stream contains only one frame.

HTH!