[MPlayer-users] mplayer problem with lirc

Mohammed El-Afifi mohammed_elafifi at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 13:46:01 CEST 2007

Fine. I started lircd and ran irw twice and got exactly the output you described.
OK. I don't have a remote control or a card(and hence I don't need a card driver). I just want to disable lirc support in mplayer.
Most probably the lirc support is built in mplayer, because I installed mplayer from a binary RPM package. Should I recompile mplayer from its sources(instead of installing it from a binary RPM package), disabling the lirc support, is there another way to make mplayer skip this lirc support(for example by passing a command-line option, or an option in the configuration file)?
Appreciating your feedback. Thanks for your support.