[MPlayer-users] seeking in http-streams with GUI

Markus Schulz msc at tastatur-junkie.de
Sat Sep 29 14:11:23 CEST 2007

hello,
console mplayer can seek in mp3s (and possible other formats) delivered
via http-servers. It seems to use the http-Range headers for this
feature.
Why i can't seek proper with mplayer GUI?
I can seek with cursor keys (left,right) but not with (up,down, page-up,
page-down) inside the GUI (console this works all fine), the GUI hangs
endless. Furthermore the seek-bar is disabled in the GUI.

Seeking in mp3 via http is a unique feature of mplayer. I havn't found
any other linux-player which can do this. Would be nice to have this
feature working in the GUI too.

--
Markus Schulz