[MPlayer-users] cdda playback - control mplayer

Tobias Jakobi liquid.acid at gmx.net
Sat Sep 29 18:01:37 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I'm using mplayer for cdda playback because it does digital extraction
which I need because of my audio setup (furthermore digital extraction
is a lot better then the analog way). The machine mplayer is running is
headless and has only ssh connection to the outside, plus a lirc
receiver correctly set up.

Now I have some sort of problem when playing audio discs. I don't seem
to find any way to skip tracks or even the change the current track with
mplayer. The only thing I see I can do is seek a specific amount of time.
Is track control even possible with mplayer or does it only support
skipping a fixed time value?

I ask this because the cdda:// parameter accepts a track value, so I'm
confused I can only change the track on startup.

Thanks,
Tobias Jakobi