[MPlayer-users] overriding built-in codecs in codecs.conf

Mohammed El-Afifi mohammed_elafifi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 12:06:25 CEST 2007

Fine. I've downloaded the source archive of mplayer, and I've found the file codecs.conf in it. This file is compiled into the source, so that the resulting mplayer binary may have these codecs as built-in. I didn't have this file before because I didn't build mplayer from its sources; I rather installed it from a binary RPM package.
I'll now try to place this file as ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf, modify the raipr codec only, and see how it works.
Thanks for your support.