[MPlayer-users] Is there some to make the volume top out at a chosen level?

john q public public at pitchblende.org
Thu Apr 3 06:27:22 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I like to listen to webcasts as I'm drifting off to sleep. The problem
is I listen to speeches/talk shows a lot
and they sometimes include music. Often mixed in at a MUCH higher
volume. Is there some filter or method
for clipping things to a maximum (often fairly low) volume? I saw a
filter for "soft clipping" but the next
sentence mentioned it's intended use as a way to prevent distortion with
loud music over speakers with
a narrow dynamic range so it did not sound like what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance