[MPlayer-users] Unable to play aac stream

Ross Gayler r.gayler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 22:58:05 CEST 2008

 > Fixed in SVN r26331, r26301 broke audio for almost all (admittedly the
more obscure ones only) formats...

How do the people who work on MPlayer do regression testing?

If many of the issues that get fixed in MPlayer development are to do with
working around dumb things that content-providers have done, then the
MPlayer regression test library would have to contain lots of simulators of
broken content streams.  I don't know anything about the technicalities of
this, but making a library of simulators of broken streams sounds much more
difficult than the effort required to write MPlayer itself.