[MPlayer-users] x264 [error]: no ratecontrol method specified

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 23:29:10 CEST 2008

Duane Evenson pisze:

> I'm trying to transcode an anime from a dvd to a mkv file. I'm using
> x264 codec and getting a "no ratecontrol method specified" error
> message. Here's my command:
> mencoder dvd:// -dvd-device /mnt/1/ -oac copy -ovc x264 -x264encopts
> frameref=6:subq=7:bframes=2:trellis=1:direct_pred=auto:8x8dct:psnr:chroma_me:brdo:weight_b:bime:mixed_refs:b_pyramid:partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i8x8,i4x4:pass=1:turbo
> -o /dev/null

You must use rate control, either qp, bitrate or crf.
The reason why in other examples theres no rate control is that other
encoder have default rate control set by devs but x264 is external
encoder and it have no default ratecontrol - hence you must set it manually.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/