[MPlayer-users] Audio Sync Problem with New Zealand DVB-T Broadcasts

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Apr 6 09:45:07 CEST 2008

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 07:19:25PM -0400, Russell Treleaven wrote:
> > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 22:28:00 +1300
> > Craig Whitmore <lennon at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > If you specify -mc 2.0 it makes them in sync but I don't think this
> > > should be needed.

Too lazy to test myself right now, but is -mc 2 really necessary to make
it play without desync, or is there just an initial desync that takes
very long to go away without it, and does maybe seeking fix that desync?
Changing the default for -mc probably won't be an option.

> One way users can help the project is by providing constructive
> criticism.
> Each user's and/or developers idea of what is important is bound to
> differ.
>
> I just wanted to spread some optimism, I've heard its contagious.

That is fine, I just fear that some developers got allergic to the
phrase "I don't think this should be needed.", it is one of the phrases
typically used when someone considers their completely unrealistic wishes
as a trivial thing. Don't take it too seriously.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger